At the February 2016 PTSO meeting, we approved our strategic plan for 2015-2019.
PTSO Strategic Plan
Skyline Ranch K-8
Feb. 2016 — June 2019
MISSION STATEMENT: Skyline Ranch K-8 PTSO’s purpose is to strengthen, enhance, and encourage the educational and social environment of Skyline Ranch K-8 by providing opportunities for parents, students and teachers to learn, socialize, communicate and grow.
GOAL #1: Enhance the educational experience for students through academic and enrichment activities in a way that is supportive to teacher and school needs.
- Improve communications with teachers and staff as to what they need from PTSO parents
- Provide a wide-variety of PTSO events and activities that are forward-thinking and appeal to the variety of cultures and backgrounds found in the community
- Fundraise through fun and educational activities in order to continue to grow the PTSO and its programs with a goal of at least $2,000 per year for PTSO activities and rainy day funds
- Sock Hop for K-5
- Event for 6-8
- Spooktacular Festival w/ silent auction
- Christmas Shopping & craft event
- Family Reading Night/Book Fair
- Additional PTSO-sponsored programs that support the objectives
- PTSO calendar of activities that support school-wide activities each month (i.e. Earth Day, Drug Awareness Week, Anti-Bullying, Grandparents Day, etc.)
- Additional fundraising opportunities that allow the PTSO it to expand educational and enrichment activities
GOAL #2: Promote closer connections between school and home by fostering parent involvement and volunteerism in a way that creates a culture of appreciation, respect and support for the school and its teachers and staff.
- Increase parent attendance at PTO meetings over next three years
- Increase regular parent volunteers for events and activities over next three years
- Create and maintain stellar communications with parents
- Provide a variety of opportunities for parent involvement
- Increase teacher appreciation programs and activities
- Raise at least $1,000 per calendar year for teacher and staff appreciation activities
- Volunteer sign up program that is available online and in person for PTSO events and activities as well as specific school projects that need parent volunteers
- Expanded PTSO’s Teacher Appreciation Week program and additional activities that show support for teachers, administrators and staff at appropriate times
- Increased visibility of PTSO through booths at school events
- “Half Day Hat Days” with parent volunteers
- Increased communications to parents and follow through on Box Tops, Capri Suns and other fundraising programs that parents can participate in from home
- Create donation forms and donation links for parents wanting to contribute directly in support of PTSO activities
- Establish policies and procedures for events and activities with clear instructions for parents
- Create communication strategy that includes email, newsletters, website updates, and social media accounts
GOAL #3: Support the goals of the district and school administrators to ensure Skyline Ranch K-8 continues to be publicly viewed as a school with an excellent reputation for academics and extracurricular/social opportunities for students.
- Increase communications with Skyline K-8 administration to ensure the PTSO is best supporting its needs and goals
- Increase community involvement with and awareness of Skyline K-8
- Raise at least $2,000 per calendar year to purchase specific needed items for school including items on the “Principal’s Wish List.”
- Establish and promote monthly “Restaurant Nights” with establishments that give a percentage back to schools
- Add blog or newsletter articles to PTSO website and email updates that are photo-driven and showcase the enrichment activities and accomplishments of the PTSO, students, teachers, and school
- Create additional programs that promote school and community pride, especially through the PTSO’s and school’s web presence
- Create and promote standard school give-back programs including Fry’s, Target, etc.
- Reach out to local business community to participate in “Ad Paper” monthly
- Sell items that promote school spirit and scheduled times
- Brainstorm and establish additional fundraising opportunities that support goals
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here